Posted on Mar 28, 2019
OES Inc., based in London, Ontario, develops world class technology solutions across a broad range of commercial applications. OES enables its customers to address complex challenges across multiple industries such as sports and recreation, transportation, healthcare, defense and the environment. OES is organized into three business units: OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Electronic Manufacturing and Design Services. OES has a 30+ year record of growth, product development and manufacturing excellence. In 2016 OES formed a partnership with Ardenton Capital Corporation (Ardenton). Ardenton is a global private equity corporation focused on meaningful business partnerships and long term growth. OES and Ardenton work together to strategically capitalize on opportunities in new and existing markets to drive long term growth and sustainability.
OES is made up of a diverse group of talented people. Working at OES means that you have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that values new ideas and ways of thinking. If you become part of our team, you will be continuously challenged, both professionally and personally, to reach your goals and also to contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
OES employees embrace the 4Fs and 3Rs that are central to the organization – our core values are to be Fast, Focused, Flexible and Finish supported by a complete emphasis on Relationships. Successful OES employees are innovative, dedicated and relationship builders that strive for excellence in everything that they do.
The Director, Finance is a key member of the OES team and is responsible for providing financial leadership, expertise and support/direction to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Sales Team, Accounting Team and others within the Company as required. The Director, Finance shall hold responsibility for managing the overall financial operations of OES, and will provide accurate information to the ELT, Ardenton and Board of Directors (BOD), including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Director, Finance will be responsible for directing and managing the Company's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting.
Responsibility Area #1 - Support % of Time: 20%
• Supporting the ELT, this position will prepare summary financial numbers and management discussion comments on a monthly basis. Assistance will be provided in the interpretation of the financial information and setting the financial direction of the Company.
• Supporting the ELT, Ardenton and BOD, this position will produce ad hoc reports as requested.
• Manage annual external audit.
• Manage relationships with external vendors and customers.
• Maintain bank reporting and covenant preparation. Manage the relationship with the bank. Prepare forward looking analysis to ensure future compliance.
Responsibility Area #2 - Analytical % of Time: 30%
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and adhoc financial packages, MD&A narrative (including GP analysis), ELT, Ardenton and BOD reports, Variance reports, Unit P&L and Dashboards.
• Responsible for the annual operational and capital budget process by reviewing for reasonableness and providing feedback in the adherence to KPI standards.
• Responsible for the re-forecast process by reviewing for reasonableness and providing feedback.
• Review the financial results and analysis with ELT, Ardenton, BOD and other key managers.
• Responsible for managing daily/weekly/monthly working capital through monitoring and forecasting.
• Responsible for inventory analysis including, but not limited to inventory turns, inventory obsolescence and timely updating of inventory in system.
Responsibility Area #3 - Manage Accounting Team % of Time: 20%
• Management of the accounting team.
• Succession planning and cross training for each position in the group.
• Monitor and implement development plans for direct reports and ensure completed for all area finance personnel.
Responsibility Area #4 - System% of Time: 10%
• Understand and monitor the use of JobBOSS to ensure data being reported and captured are meeting requirements for all user groups.
• Assist in identifying and recommending development and maintenance of JobBOSS as updates and changes to the business environment evolve to ensure JobBOSS continues to work in an effective and efficient manner.
• Ensure that any changes to the system are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
Responsibility Area #5 - Process % of Time: 10%
• Develop, implement, maintain, monitor and document the accounting processes and internal controls to ensure continued compliance and continued best practices.
• Communicate all variations to processes and work collaboratively to implement effective and efficient processes.
Responsibility Area #6 - Growth % of Time: 10%
• Responsible for the continual improvement and elevation of financial reporting and analysis in support of the ELT, Ardenton and BOD.
• Assist in the analysis, due diligence and review of new locations, acquisitions or changes to the product delivery models for the business.
• Responsible for the training of non-financial managers in understanding financials.
• Responsible for integration of new locations and/or acquisitions.
• University Degree in Business/Accounting or related field is required.
• Professional Accounting Designation (CPA - CMA or CA)
• Minimum of 7 years of directly related full cycle accounting experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of five years management and supervisory experience.
• Proven proficiency in a senior administrative function.
• A strong understanding of job costing and the factors affecting profitability and cash flow, with a proven ability to effectively manage these factors to achieve optimum results.
• A strong strategic mind capable of seeing the big picture and guiding the team towards organizational goals.
• A strong understanding of revenue recognition standards is critical for the performance of this role.
• Knowledge and experience with JobBOSS and Microsoft Office products are preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with advanced MS Excel techniques as tools for financial reporting and dashboard design and development a major asset.
• Knowledge of general business practice and the ability to interpret financial information is crucial.
• Experience administering Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards is required.
• Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
• Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
• Highly effective leadership skills.
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, solve problems and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to develop and maintain a professional rapport with clients, consultants and team members.
• Able to deal with situations and people ethically, honestly and with integrity.
• Self-motivated, high energy individual with the ability to motivate others.
• Commitment to OES Core Values
Please email your cover letter and resume by 11:59PM Friday, May 30th, 2019
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.