Careers at OES INc.
OES, Inc. is a designer and manufacturer of application specific, electronic control products and systems, serving a broad range of industries. We have the following opportunities in our innovative and growing company.
- University Degree in Business/Accounting or related field is required.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA - CMA or CA)
- Minimum of 7 years of directly related full cycle accounting experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of five years management and supervisory experience.
- Proven proficiency in a senior administrative function.
- A strong understanding of job costing and the factors affecting profitability and cash flow, with a proven ability to effectively manage these factors to achieve optimum results.
- A strong strategic mind capable of seeing the big picture and guiding the team towards organizational goals.
- A strong understanding of revenue recognition standards is critical for the performance of this role.
- Knowledge and experience with JobBOSS and Microsoft Office products are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with advanced MS Excel techniques as tools for financial reporting and dashboard design and development a major asset.
- Knowledge of general business practice and the ability to interpret financial information is crucial.
- Experience administering Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards is required.
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
- Highly effective leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop and maintain a professional rapport with clients, consultants and team members.
- Able to deal with situations and people ethically, honestly and with integrity.
- Self-motivated, high energy individual with the ability to motivate others.
- Commitment to OES Core Values
- Supporting the ELT, this position will prepare summary financial numbers and management discussion comments on a monthly basis. Assistance will be provided in the interpretation of the financial information and setting the financial direction of the Company.
- Supporting the ELT, Ardenton and BOD, this position will produce ad hoc reports as requested.
- Manage annual external audit.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and customers.
- Maintain bank reporting and covenant preparation. Manage the relationship with the bank. Prepare forward looking analysis to ensure future compliance.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and adhoc financial packages, MD&A narrative (including GP analysis), ELT, Ardenton and BOD reports, Variance reports, Unit P&L and Dashboards.
- Responsible for the annual operational and capital budget process by reviewing for reasonableness and providing feedback in the adherence to KPI standards.
- Responsible for the re-forecast process by reviewing for reasonableness and providing feedback.
- Review the financial results and analysis with ELT, Ardenton, BOD and other key managers.
- Responsible for managing daily/weekly/monthly working capital through monitoring and forecasting.
- Responsible for inventory analysis including, but not limited to inventory turns, inventory obsolescence and timely updating of inventory in system.
- Oversight of the accounting functions.
- Succession planning and cross training for each position in the group.
- Monitor and implement development plans for direct reports and ensure completed for all area finance personnel.
- Understand and monitor the use of JobBOSS to ensure data being reported and captured are meeting requirements for all user groups.
- Assist in identifying and recommending development and maintenance of JobBOSS as updates and changes to the business environment evolve to ensure JobBOSS continues to work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that any changes to the system are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop, implement, maintain, monitor and document the accounting processes and internal controls to ensure continued compliance and continued best practices.
- Communicate all variations to processes and work collaboratively to implement effective and efficient processes.
- Responsible for the continual improvement and elevation of financial reporting and analysis in support of the ELT, Ardenton and BOD.
- Assist in the analysis, due diligence and review of new locations, acquisitions or changes to the product delivery models for the business.
- Responsible for the training of non-financial managers in understanding financials.
- Responsible for integration of new locations and/or acquisitions.