Posted on Jan 29, 2018
OES Inc., based in London, Ontario, develops world class technology solutions across a broad range of commercial applications. OES enables its customers to address complex challenges across multiple industries such as sports and recreation, transportation, healthcare, defense and the environment. OES is organized into three business units: OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Electronic Manufacturing and Design Services. OES has a 30+ year record of growth, product development and manufacturing excellence.
OES is made up of a diverse group of talented people. Working at OES means that you have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that values new ideas and ways of thinking. If you become part of our team, you will be continuously challenged, both professionally and personally, to reach your goals and also to contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
OES employees embrace the 4Fs and 3Rs that are central to the organization – our core values are to be Fast, Focused, Flexible and Finish supported by a complete emphasis on Relationships. Successful OES employees are innovative, dedicated and relationship builders that strive for excellence in everything that they do.
The Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for developing and delivering HR strategy at OES and supports the OES Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
The role oversees and is accountable for the development and maintenance of a full range of HR activities, including: culture, succession planning, compensation and benefits, performance management, recruitment, learning and development, communications and employee engagement.
The HR Director will work in close collaboration with the HR Manager to ensure that the HR strategy is executed successfully and within established timelines.
• Lead, develop and execute the HR strategy for OES
• Build HR tools and templates, and establish KPIs and other metrics to collect, track and measure department and corporate performance
• Introduce automation by streamlining manual processes and review the suitability of the current HR IT system (and make recommendations)
• Provide an ongoing review of compensation, bonuses and benefits and maintain benchmarks for each level/position
• Develop, establish and maintain performance management and measurement tools
• Create job descriptions and scorecards, establish competencies and performance metrics for each level/position
• Build and maintain best practices for recruitment, including formal evaluation systems and tools for interviews, such as grading systems
• Develop, establish and maintain training and development systems including employee learning plans
• Work with the ELT on succession planning and coaching/mentorship programs
• Champion core values and culture through initiatives to build, promote and maintain the 4Fs and 3Rs
• Drive the implementation and use of platforms for employee communication, as well as monitors to ensure compliance with company policies (i.e. security of private information, workplace harassment, health and safety, ESA, AODA and any other relevant standards)
• Review and assess employee engagement/satisfaction
• Partner with the ELT to develop rewards and recognition programs
• A degree in business, human resources, or related field
• CHRP or CHRL designation is not required but is considered an asset
• Experience designing and implementing new HR policies and procedures
• Experience balancing and aligning objectives of multiple stakeholder groups
• Knowledge of relevant human resources best practices, employment legislation and policy
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to think strategically and see the bigger picture
• Experience leading and training staff members
• Commitment to OES core values
• A desire to work in a driven and dynamic environment
Please email your cover letter and resume by 11:59PM Friday, February 16th, 2018
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.