Posted on Nov 09, 2017
OES Inc., based in London, Ontario, develops world class technology solutions across a broad range of commercial applications. OES enables its customers to address complex challenges across multiple industries such as transportation, healthcare, defense and the environment. OES is organized into three business units: OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Electronic Manufacturing and Design Services. OES has a 30+ year record of growth, product development and manufacturing excellence.
OES is made up of a diverse group of talented people. Working at OES means that you have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that values new ideas and ways of thinking. If you become part of our team, you will be continuously challenged, both professionally and personally, to reach your goals and also to contribute to the strategic mission of the company.
OES employees embrace the 4Fs and 3Rs that are central to the organization – Fast, Focused, Flexible and Finish supported by a complete emphasis on Relationships. Successful OES employees are innovative, dedicated and relationship builders that strive for excellence in everything that they do.
The Human Resources Assistant contributes to the maintenance and development of HR strategy and business goals by providing timely execution of a wide range of administrative tasks under the direction of the HR Manager. The Human Resources Assistant provides support to all OES employees by ensuring that HR processes, procedures, documents and policies are accurate, current and available.
• Carry out a variety of administrative duties relating to Human Resources including the maintenance and monitoring of employee files and related procedures, and the preparation of letters, forms and reports
• Respond to internal and external Human Resources related inquiries from Employees, Supervisors, Department Managers, Business Partners and other parties and escalate any urgent or complex matters to the Human Resources Manager
• Assist in the recruitment process by preparing materials, monitoring and tracking candidate applications, scheduling interviews and maintaining regular communication with chosen candidates
• Ensure that OES employees have access to current information relating to HR policies and other related documentation by monitoring and regularly updating Employee spreadsheets, human resource management systems (ADP), and internal portals (SharePoint)
• Ensure that all Employee Files remain organized, accurate and current and that related documents are easy to access and reference
• Assist with the development of OES policies and procedures by conducting surveys and research, and, creating draft policies
• Assist with the planning of OES social events by sourcing venues, obtaining quotes and booking venues within required timelines and budget
• Assist the Human Resources Manager with strategic projects that support OES mission, values and organizational goals as well as any other related projects and tasks that support business objectives
• Participate in the OES Health and Safety Committee and carry out activities that are aimed at supporting employee safety and wellness
• Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and enjoyable work environment
• Post-Secondary Education in Human Resources or related field
• Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources principles, practices and industry trends
• Demonstrated knowledge of Employment Standards Act (ESA), Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and other relevant legislation
• Advanced verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to create formal letters, forms and reports
• Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially and respectfully
• Demonstrated commitment to OES Core Values
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Excellent customer service skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships in all areas of an organization
• Advanced computer skills and ability to use all Microsoft applications
• Experience working in Human Resources and/or Office Administration will be an asset
• Experience using HRMS (ADP experience) will be an asset
Please email your cover letter and resume by 11:59PM Friday, November 24th, 2017
Addressed to: Human Resources Manager, OES Inc.
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.