Posted on Aug 13, 2019
OES Inc., based in London, Ontario, develops world class technology solutions across a broad range of commercial applications. OES enables its customers to address complex challenges across multiple industries such as sports and recreation, transportation, healthcare, defense and the environment. OES is organized into three business units: OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Electronic Manufacturing and Design Services. OES has a 30+ year record of growth, product development and manufacturing excellence.
OES is made up of a diverse group of talented people. Working at OES means that you have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that values new ideas and ways of thinking. If you become part of our team, you will be continuously challenged, both professionally and personally, to reach your goals and also to contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
OES employees embrace the 4Fs and 3Rs that are central to the organization – our core values are to be Fast, Focused, Flexible and Finish supported by a complete emphasis on Relationships. Successful OES employees are innovative, dedicated and relationship builders that strive for excellence in everything that they do.
OES has a full time opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is looking to join the Scoreboards Manufacturing Team at OES. The Inventory Control Coordinator is a key member of the Scoreboards Manufacturing Department and is responsible for the inventory control process. This includes the daily management of incoming materials and preparing parts to be used in the manufacturing process.
1. Inventory Support
- Maintain accurate counts of inventory using specialized software, systems and counting tools
- Review and inspect all parts and products for defects, wear, and/or damage and report any concerns to the direct Supervisor
- Organize, sort, place, and release materials using the Vertical Lift Machine
- Organize, sort, place, and release materials on racks, shelves and/or bins according to predetermined sequence
- Prepare internal orders by pulling parts according to relevant production documentation and SOPs
- Examine physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses
- Investigate any discrepancies and report any risks to the direct Supervisor
- Maintain documents, files, databases, and records for the purpose of documenting accurate inventory levels and providing reliable resource information
- Respond to inquiries of staff for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of parts and orders
- Assist with shipping, receiving and other production functions as required
- Adopt and practice Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Act as a back-up for the Logistics Coordinator
2. Support team and Departmental goals:
- Attend and participate in daily huddles, Scoreboards Manufacturing and Staff meetings as required
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace and contribute to a safe work environment
- Perform all duties in accordance with health and safety work requirements and processes
- Participate in Internal and External Audit as part of OES Quality Management Systems.
- Execute other tasks and provide back-up support to other team members, as required
3. Other related duties as assigned and communicated by the Direct Supervisor and/or Department Manager
• Post-Secondary Education in Supply Chain Management, logistics, Inventory Control, or related field
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment will be considered an asset
• Knowledge of inventory control procedures
• Knowledge of computerized barcode inventory systems/accounting procedures
• Ability to read, understand and interpret detailed production documentation and procedures
• Basic mathematics skills
• Strong computer skills , knowledge of Microsoft Excel will be considered an asset
• A familiarity working with ISO 9001 standard will be considered an asset
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Detail Oriented and demonstrated accuracy in work
• Good communication skills, including verbal and written
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
• A demonstrated commitment to quality
• Commitment to OES Core Values
• Positive attitude and desire to build strong relationships
• Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination is required
• Use of personal protective equipment may be required
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations by 11:59PM Tuesday August 20th, 2019
Addressed to: Human Resources, OES Inc.
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.