OES Inc., based in London, Ontario, develops world class technology solutions across a broad range of commercial applications. OES enables its customers to address complex challenges across multiple industries such as transportation, healthcare, defense and the environment. OES is organized into three business units: OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Electronic Manufacturing and Design Services. OES has a 30+ year record of growth, product development and manufacturing excellence.
OES is made up of a diverse group of talented people. Working at OES means that you have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that values new ideas and ways of thinking. If you become part of our team, you will be continuously challenged, both professionally and personally, to reach your goals and also to contribute to the strategic mission of the company.
OES employees embrace the 4Fs and 3Rs that are central to the organization – Fast, Focused, Flexible and Finish supported by a complete emphasis on Relationships. Successful OES employees are innovative, dedicated and relationship builders that strive for excellence in everything that they do.
OES Inc. has a full time opportunity for a highly motivated individual who has a solid background in Mechanical Design. The Mechanical Designer works as part of the Engineering Team at OES and is responsible for the design and development of a wide range of innovative products serving a broad range of industries and plays an integral role in providing excellent support to OES’s customers.
• Responsible for product design from early concept through to product manufacturing
• Develop conceptual drawings and layouts in 2-D and 3-D CAD
• Create fabrication and assembly drawings for all designed products
• Create product parts lists and manufacturing instructions
• Develop fabrication programs, tooling, and fixtures for a wide range of manufacturing equipment and processes
• Verify and validate engineering designs by conducting functional, environmental and field tests of new designs
• Recommend improvements to the current design of products
• Participate in the development and prototyping of new designs and concepts
• Ensure mechanical designs adhere to all applicable safety standards
• Conduct mechanical material tests and analysis
• Interface directly with other departments within the organization as well as vendors and end customers
• Provide customer support for OES products
• Post-secondary education in mechanical engineering or related program
• Knowledge of and experience using 3D software design (Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, etc.)
• Knowledge or past experience in the structural design of outdoor sign and support structures
• Exposure to or experience with CAM software (Mastercam is preferred)
• Knowledge and/or experience with CNC machining
• Experience troubleshooting mechanical equipment
• Flexible attitude, ability to perform under tight deadlines
• A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
• A commitment to OES Core Values
Please email your cover letter and resume by 11:59PM Friday, April 6th, 2018
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.