Posted on Oct 10, 2017
OES Inc., based in London, Ontario, develops world class technology solutions across a broad range of commercial applications. OES enables its customers to address complex challenges across multiple industries such as transportation, healthcare, defense and the environment. OES is organized into three business units: OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Electronic Manufacturing and Design Services. OES has a 30+ year record of growth, product development and manufacturing excellence.
OES Scoreboards designs, manufactures and deploys a comprehensive line of scoring, timing and scheduling equipment for a wide range of sports from baseball to basketball to football to hockey. OES products are essential components in stadiums, arenas, race tracks, gymnasiums and recreational centres and have been deployed worldwide. OES equipment can be found supporting the in-game and fan experience for leading sports leagues such as the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS and major colleges and universities. Recent large scale deployments include 3-sided pylon displays at the Atlanta Motor Speedway, the AT&T Center in San Antonio and at the Big House (Michigan Stadium) in Ann Arbor for the 2014 Winter Classic.
OES employees embrace the 4Fs and 3Rs that are central to the organization – Fast, Focused, Flexible and Finish supported by a complete emphasis on Relationships. Successful OES employees are innovative, dedicated and relationship builders that strive for excellence in everything that they do.
OES has a full time opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is looking to combine their passion for sports and electronics into an exciting career at a growing company. The OES Scoreboards Technician plays a key role in the successful installation of OES Scoreboard products throughout North America and is a major contributor to the development of OES Scoreboard products and business.
- Perform on-site installation, service and repair for new and existing OES Scoreboards products
- Assemble, test and create test procedures for OES Scoreboards products
- Maintain complete and accurate records of service information and installation processes provided to OES customers
- Review service and/or installation details with customer and track each case electronically according to OES service procedures
- Provide technical support to customer inquiries and investigate issues relating to Scoreboard service and installation
- Recommend solutions to OES customers based on customer needs, safety, costs and usability
- Collaborate with Scoreboard Sales Team, Business Development Manager, Engineering and Production in order to provide suggestions and make improvements to service procedures and customer satisfaction
- Travel to amateur and professional sports facilities throughout North America
- Provide remote on-call service to customers (approximately 3-4 days of on-call service/month outside of normal business hours).
- A degree and/or diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician, Electronics Engineering Technician, or related program
- A passion for sports
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which include the ability to communicate technical knowledge and instructions to both technical and non-technical persons
- A willingness and ability to accommodate client schedules and plan travel according to customer needs and service requirements (approximately 50% - 60% travel during peak season: May - September, including weekends)
- Able to assist Production and/or Engineering Department when necessary in order to ensure on-time delivery of OES Scoreboard products
- Valid Driving license
- A demonstrated commitment to quality
- Positive attitude and desire to build strong relationships
- A desire to work in a driven and dynamic environment
Please email your cover letter and resume by 11:59PM Friday, October 27th, 2017
Addressed to: Human Resources Manager, OES Inc.
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.
All applications are kept in confidence. Telephone applications will not be accepted.