The Service Technician is responsible for the successful installation, training and after sale service for all OES Scoreboards products, globally. The Technician also assists in the assembly, testing and documentation for OES Scoreboard products.
The Technician diagnoses complex problems and works with the Direct Supervisor to plan and execute repairs. The Technician contributes to the customer experience by making informed recommendations to customers based upon observed problems and or practical service/maintenance requirements.
Installation and Service
- Performs on-site installation, service and repair for new and existing OES Scoreboards products
- Perform bench service of products returned to OES from customers.
- Works with the Direct Supervisor to provide solutions and quotations as well as assists in the creation of the installation schedule
- Orders necessary parts, tools and equipment required for each job
- Maintains complete and accurate records of service information and installation processes provided to OES customers
- Reviews service and/or installation details with customer(s) and tracks each case electronically according to OES service procedures
- Provides technical support to customer inquiries and investigates issues relating to Scoreboards service and installation
- Recommends solutions to OES customers based on customer needs, safety, costs and usability
- Collaborates with the Direct Supervisor, Scoreboards Sales Team, Engineering and Production in order to provide suggestions and make improvements to service procedures OES Scoreboards products and customer satisfaction
- Plans, schedules and travels to amateur and professional sports facilities to perform service duties, globally
- Performs ongoing inspection and ensures all equipment and materials are in place and fit for use
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries by phone, email, etc.
- Provides remote on-call service to customers (approximately 7-10 days of on-call service/month outside of normal business hours)
- Educates customers as necessary by demonstrating OES Scoreboard and timing solutions
- Prepare quotes and provide order support for post-sale parts according to OES purchasing policies and procedures.
Production and Sales Support
- Support the production team as needed
- Assist the sales and marketing teams with understanding of features, functions, and benefits for the various products
- Provide quality checks on all finished products to ensure product meets all requirements
Support Team and Organizational Goals
- Assembles, tests and creates test procedures and helps maintain product knowledge database for all OES Scoreboards products
- Stay current with latest industry knowledge and trends
- Attend and participate in department daily huddle and inter-department meeting
- Provides technical guidance, support and training to customers, the sales team, and production staff as needed
- Participates in the annual Scoreboards Department planning
- Participate in ongoing activities and/or committees as required
- Assists with the preparation of various Marketing collateral materials
- Assists in the implementation of continuous and process improvement ideas
- Works within the direction of the Direct Supervisor to support ongoing and emerging team objective
- Any other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor
- Post-Secondary education in, Electrical, and/or Electronic field of study
- Installation and electrical experience, preferably within the signs and scoring industry
- Strong multitasking ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of electrical and electronic design principles
- Willingness and ability to travel globally to customer sites as required (up to 50-75% travel) (including weekends) during peak season
- Ability to plan, track and document travel on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of building codes, as they pertain to fire and electrical codes as well
- Valid driving license
- Knowledge of OES Quality Management Systems, ISO 9000, and other operating procedures
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- JobBoss, SharePoint and CRM
- Product Knowledge
- Electronic/Electrical Knowledge
- Technical Drawings
- Case Management
- Forklift Operation
- Working from Heights
- Aerial Lift
- Project Management
- Knowledge of different sports rules
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- OES System Setup
- OES Software
- LED Displays
- Video Production
- Industry Products and Software
Able to assist Production and/or Engineering Department(s) when necessary in order to ensure on-time delivery of OES Scoreboard products
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge and instructions to both technical and non-technical persons
- May be subject to difficult conversations with customers or internal departments
- Travel on regular basis
- Moderate physical effort which may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Sitting for periods of 3 hours or longer
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens
- Ongoing hand-eye movements on computer and keyboard
- Lifting and/or movement of products, materials and other objects up to and exceeding 50 lbs.
- Climbing ladders and working from heights
- Standing for a stretch of more than 0.5 hour
- Continuous use of multiple communication methods, including regular use of telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face interactions
- Use of personal protective equipment is required
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and/or carry objects; use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
- May be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals, and moderate levels of noise
- Ability to maintain regular attendance
- Work with some odors (paint/solvent).
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to work flexible shift(s) and overtime work as required
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Hazards associated with the industry
- Ability to maintain regular attendance
OES Core Values
At OES, it’s all about relationships. Over the years, we’ve developed trusted advisor relationships across multiple markets and industries worldwide. Our reputation for innovation is second only to our reputation for unmatched customer service. Our continued success is driven by striving for absolute customer satisfaction and embracing 4F’s – Fast, Focused, Flexible, and Finish – every single day.
We are truly dedicated to connecting great people with a great place to work, learn and grow. Email your cover letter and resume by Oct 22, 2021.
Addressed to: Human Resources, OES Inc.
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.
About OES Inc.
If you’re looking for a company where electronics, technology and sports collide with innovation, you’ve found it. For over 40 years we’ve developed unique and diverse solutions across a broad range of applications, markets, and customers through our three business divisions – OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Manufacturing.
At OES, our team is driven by making our connected world a safer place, motivated to bring unique ideas to life and we push ourselves to tackle technology problems in smart and dynamic ways. If you want to design the future, make a difference in the lives of millions of global citizens, and have fun doing it, then join our team. Learn more about OES Inc. at www.oes-inc.com.