Senior Embedded Developer
OES Inc is seeking an Embedded Developer to join the team. Using their applied knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering principles, they will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and manufacture of electronic equipment, components and systems as assigned. He/she will provide solutions to technical problems and is accountable for all stages of the design process including testing, continuous improvement, assembling, operating, installing, or repairing of designed products.
Product Design and Production/Service Support
- Contribute to product design from early concept through to product manufacturing
- Design electronic schematic and PCB layouts
- Replace obsolete/ unavailable parts in existing designs
- Conduct functional, environmental and field tests of designs
- Ensure designs meet all applicable EMI, EMC and safety standards
- Design and implement testing capability to ensure manufactured product meets product and/or system functionality requirement
- Design, write, test, and support firmware for various types of microcontrollers and FPGAs
- Participate in the development and prototyping of new designs and concepts
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
- Research components, part suppliers and materials for suitability, durability and cost-effectiveness
- Monitor BOM’s for EOL components proactively changing out parts as needed
- Create and maintain technical specifications, diagrams, and instructions
- Create product parts lists and manufacturing instructions
- Investigate, analyze and document identified product defects
- Maintain product information and documentation in the relevant internal systems
- Work closely with the Engineering Administrator to maintain and update product documentation
- Work directly with our global customers and clients to provide customer support as required
- Collaborate closely with strategic customers to ensure products exceed expectation
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers and ensure speedy and continuous follow up
- Follow-up on product evaluations and customer issues
- International travel to customer sites for installation and support
- Sales support as needed. Technical advisor in the sales process.
- Work with customers to develop new features and products
Support team and organizational goals
- Stay current with latest industry knowledge and trends
- Collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team
- Attend and participate in inter-department meeting
- Participate in ongoing activities and/or committees as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the direct manager
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer, Electrical, and/or Electronic field of study.
- Experience with EMC/EMI concepts, electrical safety standards, PCB design best practices, and embedded systems programming.
Embedded Systems Programming
- C programming language
- Real-time operating systems
- FPGA design
- Communication protocols and standards: TCP/IP communications, RS232, RS485 Modbus, and USB
- GUI design and implementation
- Schematic design
- PCB layout design
- Hardware prototyping and troubleshooting
Experience with 3D modeling an asset
- Strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong multitasking ability
- Linux development / environment experience is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of electrical and electronic design principles
- Willingness and ability to travel globally to customer sites as required (up to 10% travel) (post-Covid19)
OES Core Values
At OES, it’s all about relationships. Over the years, we’ve developed trusted advisor relationships across multiple markets and industries worldwide. Our reputation for innovation is second only to our reputation for unmatched customer service. Our continued success is driven by striving for absolute customer satisfaction and embracing 4F’s – Fast, Focused, Flexible, and Finish – every single day.
We are truly dedicated to connecting great people with a great place to work, learn and grow. Email your cover letter and resume by Dec 23 , 2021.
Addressed to: Human Resources, OES Inc.
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.
About OES Inc.
If you’re looking for a company where electronics, technology and sports collide with innovation, you’ve found it. For over 40 years we’ve developed unique and diverse solutions across a broad range of applications, markets, and customers through our three business divisions – OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Manufacturing.
At OES, our team is driven by making our connected world a safer place, motivated to bring unique ideas to life and we push ourselves to tackle technology problems in smart and dynamic ways. If you want to design the future, make a difference in the lives of millions of global citizens, and have fun doing it, then join our team. Learn more about OES Inc. at www.oes-inc.com.