The Packing Associate will be responsible for the assembly, organization, and quality control of OES Inc. packaging. This will involve ensuring that packaging is made and executed to proper specifications, with an emphasis on efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness. Other responsibilities may include the testing and review of all packaging, addressing any issues or complaints with regards to packaging, as well as the use of and maintenance of inventory tracking systems.
- Prepare shipments of OES products as assigned
- Perform packaging construction and organization.
- Evaluate any shortages and contact Supervisor daily.
- Must control any damaged or incorrect packaging and have such items returned and repaired.
- Conduct Testing for certain final products as per work instructions and ensure to record results as appropriate.
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Make sure that packed cartons are sealed and labeled appropriately
- Ensure that all accompanying documentation is present with packed items
- Arrange for adequate supply of shipping materials at all times
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Maintain documents, files, databases, and records for the purpose of documenting accurate inventory levels and providing reliable resource information
- Handle and store materials/boards using ESD guidelines.
- Respond to inquiries of staff for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of parts and orders
- Assist with shipping, receiving and other production functions as required
Support team and departmental goals
- Attend and participate in daily huddles, Electronic Manufacturing and Staff meetings as required
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace and contribute to a safe work environment
- Perform all duties in accordance with health and safety work requirements and processes
- Participate in Internal and External Audit as part of OES Quality Management Systems.
- Execute other tasks and provide back-up support to other team members, as required
- Other related duties as assigned and communicated by the Direct Supervisor and/or Department Manager
- High School Diploma and/or Post-Secondary Education in Supply Chain Management, Inventory Control, or related field
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in a team setting
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and JobBoss.
- Knowledge of OES Quality Management Systems, ISO 9000, and other SOP’s.
- Knowledge of related procedures
- Ability to read production documentation and instructions.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft suite
- knowledge of safe lifting methods
- Forklift certification
- Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Moderately repetitive tasks
- Moderate physical effort which may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Sitting for periods of 3 hours or longer
- Standing for periods of 2 hours or longer
- Ongoing hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work flexible shift(s) and overtime work as required
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and/or carry objects; use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
- Use of personal protective equipment is required
- Hazards associated with the industry
- May be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals, and moderate levels of noise
- Deal with multiple stakeholders in relation to Scoreboards production
- Ability to maintain regular attendance
OES Core Values
At OES, it’s all about relationships. Over the years, we’ve developed trusted advisor relationships across multiple markets and industries worldwide. Our reputation for innovation is second only to our reputation for unmatched customer service. Our continued success is driven by striving for absolute customer satisfaction and embracing 4F’s – Fast, Focused, Flexible, and Finish – every single day.
We are truly dedicated to connecting great people with a great place to work, learn and grow. Email your cover letter and resume by October 15, 2021.
Addressed to: Human Resources, OES Inc.
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.
About OES Inc.
If you’re looking for a company where electronics, technology and sports collide with innovation, you’ve found it. For over 40 years we’ve developed unique and diverse solutions across a broad range of applications, markets, and customers through our three business divisions – OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Manufacturing.
At OES, our team is driven by making our connected world a safer place, motivated to bring unique ideas to life and we push ourselves to tackle technology problems in smart and dynamic ways. If you want to design the future, make a difference in the lives of millions of global citizens, and have fun doing it, then join our team. Learn more about OES Inc. at www.oes-inc.com.