Full Time Position
OES is looking for Manufacturing Manager to join our growing team. We encourage entrepreneurial spirit and reward loyalty and performance. We know our people are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for more energetic motivated and committed people like you to join our team!
About the Role:
The role works with all team members to ensure that Scoreboards production targets are reached, quality standards are met and health and safety requirements are upheld. In the course of their duties, the Scoreboards Manufacturing Manager will prepare a range of reports, monitor supplies, and work with the Director of Operations to ensure resource requirements for the Department.
Summary of Major Accountabilities
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of workers in final assembly, fabrication, inventory control, and temporary assignment for the Scoreboards Manufacturing department to ensure that production targets are achieved
- Continuously monitor progress of the production target and report any potential delays to the Electronics Manufacturing Manager
- Work in collaboration with the Manufacturing leads to ensure that jobs are on schedule, and team has required materials to minimize any production delays
- Ensure that staff are effectively trained for their job responsibilities and that jobs are completed according to established safety procedures, OES policy and quality standards
- Support all functions of the Scoreboards Manufacturing team and resolve any issues and/or problems they may face while carrying out their job duties
- Act as a mentor to newly hired employees and introduce them to their job tasks
- Work collaboratively with the Electronics Manufacturing Manager and Human Resources to address any performance related issues with employees in a timely manner as well as provide any necessary coaching
- Plan and facilitate daily huddles with Scoreboards Manufacturing Team to establish and review daily and weekly targets
- Maintain open dialogue with team, through multiple forums, to ensure that communication is maintained between OES Scoreboards Manufacturing and other areas of OES business
- Report risk, opportunities and challenges to the Electronics Manufacturing Manager on a regular basis and make recommendations as required
- Work collaboratively with the Electronics Manufacturing Manager and Human Resources to assess resource requirements for the department and make recommendations for new hires, employee promotions or transfers
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the Scoreboards Manufacturing job list(s) and production schedule(s) and work with the Electronics Manufacturing Manager to establish job priorities
- Process employee leave requests (i.e. time off, vacation)
- Prepare production and other related reports as required
- Update and maintain a current status of Scoreboards jobs on the internal Scoreboards production schedule
- Ensure compliance with Quality Management processes and actively participate in ISO internal and external audits
- Work with the Quality assurance manager to ensure all machines and tools in the Scoreboards Manufacturing and Fabrication floor follow the maintenance guidelines and procedures
- Ensure to adopt all health and safety work guidelines and requirements and hold all employees accountable for adhering to them
- Provide back-up support/coverage as required in order to cover employee absences and to meet production and shipping deadlines
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the direct Supervisor
Post-Secondary education in Electrical, and/or Electronic/ Mechanical engineering / Industrial Engineering field of study or related program
Minimum 2-3 years experience in a Manager/Supervisory/Leadership role in a manufacturing environment
5 years experience in a Manager/Supervisory/Leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of production and manufacturing processes
- Strong understanding of electrical and electronics principles
- Experience working in manufacturing roles, including assembly and testing will be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise and motivate staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to discuss difficult and/or sensitive topics with employees with diplomacy, professionalism and respect
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage competing deadlines
- Commitment to OES Core Values
- Knowledge of OES Quality Management Systems, ISO 9000, and other OES Policies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bonus Pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Please email your cover letter and resume by Friday, June 16th, 2023
Addressed to: Human Resources, OES Inc.
OES is committed to providing accommodations throughout the entire recruitment and selection process. OES provides accommodations for applicants upon request.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About OES Inc.
If you’re looking for a company where electronics, technology and sports collide with innovation, you’ve found it. For over 40 years we’ve developed unique and diverse solutions across a broad range of applications, markets, and customers through our three business divisions – OES Scoreboards, OES Technologies and OES Manufacturing.
At OES, our team is driven by making our connected world a safer place, motivated to bring unique ideas to life and we push ourselves to tackle technology problems in smart and dynamic ways. If you want to design the future, make a difference in the lives of millions of global citizens, and have fun doing it, then join our team. Learn more about OES Inc. at www.oes-inc.com.